A little background...
"On October 15th 2007, more than 20,000 bloggers united for the first annual Blog Action Day. With an estimated combined audience of over 15 million viewers, we discussed ideas, empowered audiences and debated on the wide ranging issues of the Environment. In 2008, the world’s bloggers will again unite, to discuss an issue of the most pressing import and widespread distress - Poverty." - Change.org
Blog Action Day 2008 Poverty from Blog Action Day on Vimeo.
Here's a few things you can do to help share:
1) If you have a blog, dedicate your Wednesday, 10/15 post to Poverty. Share your own story...Do you help with your local food bank? Sponsor a family or child? or Work through your community or religious organization to combat poverty? Register your blog with Blog Action Day 08 and share your story.
2) On Twitter, spread the word about Poverty and use the hashtag #bad08 (Need help with details, here's a list of poverty information resources.)
3) On Facebook, join the Blog Action Day group.
4) Listen to and spread the word about BlogTalkRadio's 12-hour live talkathon.
5) Here's a whole list of how to follow Blog Action Day's events online.
6) Sponsor someone, through CFCA, who lives in poverty.
7) Join the call to end poverty by watching global videos, gather information and make a video of your experience at the YouTube in my name in my name channel. This is the best channel I've seen on YouTube, bar none!
Tomorrow I'll share my own story, hope you will too!